Thursday, November 17, 2022

 

A Time for Hugs or Humbugs

Well I am feeling the Spirit.  The Holiday Spirit is everywhere.  It is a little harder to feel it when we live in California or Florida but it is there if you look for it.  One of my favorite Christmas stories is "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens.  I love the gradual change that takes place in the heart of Scrooge but more than that, I love the indictment of society that he represents.  

His reaction to those men who come to him for a donation to the poor is to say "are there no workhouses?"  and "let them die and decrease the excess population".  I see that attitude everywhere and it strikes at the heart of why we have such a divided country and world and why most people live lives of quiet desperation.  

I hope that you can look around and see the generosity and human kindness that is also in the world.  It may be a challenge, but I have faith that it is there.  Be of good cheer and be the one who brings cheer to others. 

 Remember Tiny Tim who says, "God bless us, everyone."

Jack Caselles

No comments:

Post a Comment